Mary J. Treglia Community House offers both beginning and intermediate classes for English Language Learners. A fee is charged to cover class supplies and you may be given a placement test. Interested students should stop in to fill out a registration form.
Personal goals for education, citizenship, work, or career are important as each level gains confidence from a conversational approach. Connecting with other learners enhances the students’ experience in discussions of different cultures, customs, and lifestyles.
In class or at home, students also explore apps that best fit their level and style of learning. As we are able to expand, learning opportunities such as tutoring, field trips, and conversational enrichment are likely to be added. New students are always welcome!
MEET OUR ELL TEACHER
Online English Practice Sites
Transparent Language (need a library card)
https://www.esl-lab.com/easy/ Listening practice
Start here: www.spps.org/abe Click Student Resources and then Online Activity Lists and then Online ELL 0-2
Choose from ELL 0-2 Websites
- Basic Literacy Skills Interactive, from literacycenter.net
2. ELL 0/1 Activities Listening, Reading, Matching
3. ELLO Listening Games Multiple choice listening games with pictures
4. ELLO Short Interviews Authentic interviews with transcripts
5. GCF Learn Free Real life activities on food, money, work, shopping, & maps
6. Hello World ESL English activities and games
7. Language Guide Picture dictionary with audio
8. Marshall ABE Timed Readings
9. MCED: Multi-cultural Educational Services
10. Minneapolis ABE Activity List for ELL / GED
11. Picture Dictionary
12. Starfall Reading Practice
13. Typing Practice your typing here
https://soundsofspeech.uiowa.edu/main/english Phonetics with visual for where to place tongue/produce sound correctly
http://www.eslcafe.com/search/index.html All things ESL
Practice 10-15 minutes everyday!
Printable version here.